Skip to main content
I finished reading An Amish Reunion by four amazing authors. Before I move forward and let you know my thoughts on this book I must warn you tears may fall, so make sure you have some tissues nearby.

First story in this book is written by Amy Clipston, Their True Home. What a wonderful story this was. It had so many moments when you held your breath and tears fell. The perfect story for this Novella. Thank you Amy Clipston for heart felt story.

The second story was written by Beth Wiesman called A Reunion of Hearts. This story takes place in Lancaster as well and will tug on your heart just a bit. Honestly, I haven't read much from Beth Wiesman and I am so thankful this book had her in it. Her story was just a beautiful as ever and made me a fan of her writing. I will be adding a few more of Beths books to my shelf. Thank you Beth for adding to the wonderful book.


In our next story A Chance to Remember by Kathleen Fuller and her story take place in Ohio. If you haven't been to Ohio Amish Country you must go such a cute area. Ok, on to my thoughts. There was something special about this story that I just loved. Perhaps it was the characters and the way Fuller wrote them. Regardless of what it was, this just a lovely story filled with hope and encouragement and will bring many smiles to to you. Thank you Kathleen fuller for this lovely story.

The last story in this book is by Kelly Irvin called Mended Hearts. This story comes for the Jamesport Amish out of Missouri. Once again another heartfelt story about love and trust. You will touched as I was while read this story. Kelly thank you for such a wonderful story as well.


In closing , I would like to add the one thing about this and any other Novella.It give you the opportunity to read and be introduced to and author(s) you may not have read or heard of.

Make sure add this to book to your self  or buy as a gift. You can find each of these authors on Facebook to find out more about them.

I was under no obligation to write a review on this book. My views and thoughts are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wanda Brunstetter Q&A and Giveaway!

It is my pleasure and honor to have had Wanda answer a few questions for us. Thank you Wanda for taking the time out of your schedule to let us know what you have been doing and what inspires you to write.  Wanda Brunstetter Q&A QUESTION 1: When is the earliest that you remember having a passion for writing? Response: From the time I began reading I started writing short stories and poems. I had an imagination as a child. When I was in second grade I wrote a poem about a moth. My teacher thought it was good and said I might someday become an author. That little seed she planted encouraged me to keep writing. QUESTION 2: From all of the different genres that you could have chosen, how did you decide upon Amish life as your primary focus? Response: I chose the Amish life to write about because through my husband, who has a Mennonite background, I met and became friends with many Amish people, whom we have come to know and love. I have a d

Weddings at Promise Lodge and Goddness Fish Promotion and Giveaway

Weddings at Promise Lodge by Charlotte Hubbard ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ GENRE : Inspirational (romance) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BLURB: When Bishop Monroe is forced to confess the truth about his relationship with young Leola before the entire congregation, he can only pray that open hearts and minds will allow him a future at Promise Lodge—with Christine. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ EXCERPTS As Christine Hershberger sat on the front pew bench, close enough to bask in the glow of her sister Mattie’s joy, she smiled brightly. At long last, she was attending the wedding that should’ve taken place years ago, when Mattie Bender and Amos Troyer were young and so deeply in love¬—before Dat had insisted that Mattie marry Marvin Schwartz instead. Now that Mattie and Preacher Amos had outlived their original mates, they were standing together, hand in hand, repeating the age-old vows after their new bishop, Monroe Burkholder. Christine, who’d lost her husband a couple of years ag

Excerpt, Giveaway and Review of A Simple Vow by Charlotte Hubbard

"How are we to get any sleep? Or concentrate on our work?" Dat asked above the raising wails. "Edith, you are to return these babies to their mother at once!' "But I tried to tell you----their mam is dead!" Edith blusrted. "Will brought the twins here until he could get through her funeral and---"This is Will Gingerich we're talking about, correct?" " Jah,  and he'd accused the other fellow of ----" "We cannot have Will coming around here on the pretense of seeing his children," Dat stated, " If he's got no wife to raise them now, he'll try to entice Loretta into marriage again. And that matter shall remain a closed book. A Simple Vow by Charlotte Hubbard, is her first book in her new series "Simple Gifts". You may want to grab some tissues and tea while Charlotte takes you back to the lovely community of Willow Ridge, where you will meet Edith Reihl and som